There’s nothing like a quick and easy natural hair style for the days you want to be lazy. This past weekend I had my mind set on doing a wash and go. Being a product junkie affords me the ability to try so many items on my hair. I armed myself with the Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Conditioner, the Ouidad Double Detangler and Mimi’s Diva Hair Towel from Folica.com. Luckily this was a “Co-Wash” weekend so this was all I needed.
Co-Wash is washing your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo. This helps to put moisture back in the hair without stripping the hair of its natural oils.
According to Ouidad, the curl quencher moisture moisturizing conditioner’s vitamin and botanical-rich formulation softens and moisturizes even the driest and most unruly curls. It detangles to make hair more manageable and helps to repair damage from excessive heat styling and chemical processes. Safe for color treated, permed, and straightened curls, Curl Quencher’s algae extract and wheat amino acids seal in moisture and protect even fragile, damaged hair.
My Ouidad regimen was quite simple.
- I drenched my hair under the running shower water and added the Ouidad leave-in conditioner.
- I worked it into a good lather and let it sit while I took care of my other shower duties :).
- I then used the Ouidad double detangler to get the knots out of my hair. Immediately noticed how easy it was to glide the comb through my strands.
- I then rinsed the conditioner out of my hair so the water can remove any shredded strands from the detangling process.
- Before getting out of the shower I wrapped my hair in Mimi’s Diva Hair Towel.
- On damp hair I put a quarter-sized amount of conditioner in my palm and worked it into my strands to define my curls.
- Air dry and go!
I just did my big chop a couple of weeks ago so my hair is fairly short and usually takes 4-6 hours to air dry. The Ouidad conditioner left my hair soft and smelling nice. It actually elongated and defined my curls. The combination of the super soft conditioner and double detangler comb made me want to jump for joy at how easy it was to detangle my hair (but of course no one jumps for joy in a shower so instead I did a touchdown dance). The comb has some weight to it, which lets me know its the real deal and ready for whatever. I’m certain when my hair gets longer the weight and strength of this comb will come in handy.
Mimi’s Diva Hair Towel is made of a super-absorbent microfiber material that dries a girl’s hair quicker than an ordinary towel. That’s no lie! The towel turned into a vampire and sucked all the water out of my hair leaving just enough for me to do a wet style. Can you believe this towel dramatically reduced the unsightly frizzy mess that sits on my head when completely dried? I will never, ever, ever dry my hair with a regular towel again.
Price Point (Folica):
- Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Conditioner $17
- Ouidad Double Detangler $24
- Mimi’s Diva Hair Towel $9.99
FTC Disclaimer: I received these products for free from Folica.com for review purposes but the views and opinions are that of my own.