We all want to look as young and vibrant as we can, that begins with your eyes. What do your eyes say about you? Are they tired looking all the time? Puffy? Do you have dark circles or starting to see those dreaded crow’s-feet? No need to worry, because you can get younger looking eyes now! Follow these 10 keys rules to the eyes you’ve always wanted that make a statement with just one look!
1. PROTECT: Making sure you protect your eyes from dangerous rays is important. Be sure 30 minutes before going outside to apply a protective sunscreen. A broad spectrum formula with no less then SPF 30 is key. We like: (Lancôme Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30 Cream High Potency Daily Moisturizing Cream Vitamin Enriched UVA/UVB SPF 30 Sunscreen, 1.7 Oz.)
2. COVERAGE: Applying a sunscreen protective is not enough to keep those harmful rays from damaging your eyes from the sun completely. A good pair of sunglasses is ideal in maintaining healthy vibrant looking eyes. Look for sunglasses labeled “UV 400″. Choosing larger framed glasses with allow for maximum coverage. We recommend: (Van zipper Rosebud Sunglasses.)
3. REVITALIZE WITH RETINOL: Proven to stimulate collagen production and reduce wrinkles, this ingredient is one you should add to your daily routine. Look for creams or serums that come in an aluminum tube or an opaque pump bottle to keep retinol stable and strong. Try a night cream that contains retinol, it will works while you sleep leaving you fresh faced and perky when you wake! We recommend: (Clarins Renew Plus Night Lotion with Pro-Retinol & Plant Extracts 50ml.)
4. ELEVATE: Once you have applied your retinol night cream make sure to tuck an extra pillow under your head while you’re having sweet dreams. The elevation helps to prevent fluid from settling under the skin around your eyes.
5. TIGHTEN UP: Though the results won’t be as dramatic as an eye-lift, creams with argireline, GABA, or DMAE will help to make a noticeable difference in tightening around your eyes. We recommend (Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect Ultra Lift and Firm Eye Cream SPF 15 with argireline.)
6. PRIME YOUR LINES: Everyone hates those annoying lines from laugh lines and crow’s-feet around our eyes. Fill them in with a primer containing silicone. We liked (Smashbox Prime Photo Finish Targeted Pore & Line Primer.)
7. CONCEAL IT: Got dark circles? Disguise them using a creamy concealer. Try one that comes in a squeeze tube or pot and dab with your fingers from the corner of your eye outward. Pick a yellow-based shade if your dark circles have a blue or purple cast; for brown colored circles go with a peachy color. We like: (M·A·C ‘Pro Longwear’ Concealer.)
8. POOF THE PUFF: Puffy eyes are a sure way to say to the world you’re tired and stressed. Don’t stress! Keep it cool, literally! Try these two tricks to help minimize puffiness:
- Place two slices of cool cucumber on the eyes for several minutes.
- Moisten two tea bags in cold water, chill them in the refrigerator and place them over closed eyelids for several minutes.
9. PENCIL IT IN: Brows that are too thin and light cause your features to disappear, adding years to even the youngest looking of faces. If your lashes are naturally sparse or from too much tweezing and waxing fill them in with a eyebrow pencil to regain a more youthful arch. We recommend (Chanel Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil.)
10. SHINE FROM WITHIN: The best beauty tip for glowing youthful eyes is to maintain a positive attitude. When you maintain a positive attitude and keep a smile on your face your eyes will sparkle no matter what. We recommend keeping a smile on at all times. The best part it’s absolutely free!