We love to see vivid colors that pop on the eyelids, but now those bright hues are prominently showing up underneath the eyes as well. Light up the holiday eyes with color eyeliner! Interestingly enough, it looks fantastic, by achieving a different glamorous look that is catching on. I know it can be a little intimidating, I must admit, I was a little apprehensive not wanting to look clownish or over do it too much. When applied correctly it is possible to come off as a true goddess effortlessly with one look. Take a look at how some of the top celebs use color on their different skin tones to achieve this simple but CHIC look!
Celebrities like Rhianna get that wow look with beautiful jewel-toned eyeliner. For the holidays try a shimmer of silver, bronze, gold, or deeper hue to give a more festive look.
Before testing this trend here are a few key things to remember:
- Less is more! Yes when it comes to pairing it with eye shadow. Bright eyeliner paired with bright eye shadow can look too 80’s and that is never a good thing. To keep it fresh and modern try pairing bright liner with a more neutral shade of eye shadow so the two are not fighting each other.
- Give it a test run! Before you hit that big holiday party try using different cheaper store-bought brands. This way you’ll save money from buying more expensive ones you may not like and if you mess up you have time to perfect the look that’s right for you!
- Try going all the way! Go for it and go all around the rim of your eyes with the color liner, after you have applied you can smudge it out a little if it is too hard of a look and to achieve more of a Smokey eye.
- Be versatile! There is no wrong way to wear it, whatever look you want to go for and is best for you, as long as you keep it close to the edge. Raccoon eyes in any shade are never cute!
- Be smooth! Try to find eyeliner that goes on fairly smooth so it is not tugging at the eye and doesn’t cause irritation. It’s hard enough applying make-up, let alone with an irritated watery eye!
- Be bold! Buy liner that is highly pigmented so it can pop! If the pigment isn’t noticeable what’s the point!! It will look like you just made a mistake and missed applying the liner to the inside of your lid instead of intentionally on the outside. This doesn’t mean you can tone down the hue but half-hearted attempts at anything is never CHIC!
Now that you have these key tips, it’s time to go and get experimenting. Remember it is just make-up so don’t take yourself too seriously and have fun!