White is not just for summer, it is cool all year long. The best part is, anyone can pull-off the all white trend with confidence.
So what’s the deal with white garments? Believe it or not, white can actually enhance and uplift an outfit. New trends have shown that these items are a must to have in your closet:
- A white jacket – perfect for a breezy night over a cocktail dress. It will direct your attention to your upper half.
- White pants or capri – either dress pants or jeans – to direct attention to your bottom if that’s your best asset.
- A white suit – perfect for an office day, and easy to combine! It will definitely maintain a line throughout your outfit, giving you the chance to wear a colorful blouse, shoes and accessories to accompany it. And guess what!? Contrary to the myth, the suit gives a slimming illusion. It can’t get any better than that!
Another thing that makes us wonder whether to wear white or not is how to preserve the white color in the clothes and not turn it into a yellowish color. Here are some tips to prevent this:
- Wash your whites carefully and separately from the rest of your clothes. Yes, they need special attention. And make sure you wash them after use, even if they look clean. Body oils and perspiration are the causes of a garment turning yellow.
- If they get stained, treat them immediately. Try to use products that are oxygen-based, like Oxiclean for example.
- Don’t use a dryer! Let them dry naturally outside in the sun. Contrary to another myth, the sun brightens white clothes.
So no more excuses, ladies! Let’s go shopping for white!
Here are some of our favorite items:
Gap Cotton Dabby dress – $62
RALPH LAUREN White Cotton Alexa Blazer with Emblem - $217
Zara Trousers with Front Zip – $60
FOREVER 21 Flat Front Shirts with Southwestern Belt - $14
Marc by Marc Jacobs Justine Skirt – $204
Want more tips on the all white trend for fall? Pick-up a copy of the September/October 2013 issue of MMC Magazine to get the scoop on the All White Trend