Essential oils are a must have for people that have dry skin. Many essential oils provide moisture and allows your skin to have that extra shine. You can try putting three to five drops of your chosen essential oil or a blend of oils into a tablespoon of a base oil to apply to your dry skin. For the base oil, almond, cocoa butter and olive oils can be especially beneficial to dry skin, When using essential oils, adding a base oil to your mixture is important. Some essential oils are very potent when using it on it own; so you want to make sure you have your base oils to even out the mixture. Looking to have your skin moisturized for the spring and summer? Keep reading to find out the essential oils needed to combat dry skin.
- Add a few drops of lavender oil to a bowl of cool water. Make a compress and apply it to your sunburn for healing
- Dab lavender oil onto acne blemishes or skin infections with a cotton swab, as a natural antibiotic.
- Experiment with using lavender oil directly on stretch marks three times each day. This simple home remedy claims to fade stretch marks.
- Known to prevent inflammation and has been used in skin care products.
- Dilute pure sandalwood essential oil with a few drops of oil in a basin of hot purified water. Use as a steam inhaler to ease acne and dry skin.
- It is very helpful in the treatment of acne, dry, chapped or cracked skin and can help relieve itchy skin.
- It has been proven to help fade age spots, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and tighten skin.
- It helps to balance the water content of your skin and is moisturizing. It is also said to encourage growth of new skin cells and control the oil of the skin.
- For acne, eczema, and fungal infections, mix 2-3 drops in 1 ounce of carrier oil. Use a cotton ball and swab on affected area.
- Can be used on the skin to calm inflammation and allergic reactions; moisturizing to the skin.
- Can be used to soothe irritated skin after waxing and reduce the breakout common to facial waxing.
With summer right around the corner, not everyone thinks to combat their dry skin but it is important to moisturize your dry skin. To avoid heading out on a hot day with an essential oil “rub down”, you can use the moisture mix at night before going to bed. Before you begin using essential oils to your skin regimen, talk to your dermatologist or doctor to make sure that your choice is great for your skin. Taking care of your dry skin is important; do not neglect what your skin tells you!